Client: John Holland Group
Contract Name: Sky City Casino stage-2 works
Site Location: Sky City Casino, Darwin, NT.
Scope of Work: Upgrade network supply and associated HV infrastructure.
Project Estimate: $1.6 million
- Staged demolition of existing substation and complex MSB
- High Voltage reticulation and HV incomers.
- Supply and install 2 x Oil filled transformers being 1500kVA each
- Supply and install roof mounted dry type transformer 2000kVA
- Supply and install substation switching units
- Cabling associated with interface of transformers, switching units and MSB
- Fully staged upgrade of the Main Switchboard
- Standby generation supply and installation
- Liaison, connection and commissioning of project works to local authority network
- Supply, installation and integration of a 250kVA UPS system into the existing UPS Network
Combined Electrical faced the challenge of ensuring that the Sky City Casino remained operational during the entirety of these project works.
This project was awarded highly commened status at the 2009 MBA Construction Awards.